InfraCo Asia has announced the appointment of Allard M. Nooy to the position of Chief Executive Officer effective 1st September 2014. Prior to this, Allard acted as Senior Advisor to the Company for over a year. He has extensive strategic executive leadership experience in the infrastructure sector, primarily in emerging markets. Allard has successfully led and acquired infrastructure, energy and environmental companies throughout Asia during the past 20 years. His key focus has been on the development and implementation of growth strategies, the creation of new assets and the financing and execution of infrastructure projects. The format of these projects varied widely and included PPP’s and BOOT structures in the water, waste water, solid waste management, waste-to-energy, power, and renewable energy sectors.
Allard’s responsibility include InfraCo Asia’s development and implementation of its ‘multi-developers’ and co-investment programme, including a dedicated programme for Myanmar. Allard Nooy is based in Singapore.
His previous positions include
- CEO of Jindal Aquasource (JITF Water Infrastructure Ltd) and Jindal Ecopolis (JITF Urban Infrastructure Ltd), while based in New Delhi, India;
- President Asia Pacific with Covanta Energy Corporation, the world’s largest Energy from Waste Company and listed on the NYSE, while based in Shanghai, China;
- Regional Director Infrastructure Development and Director China with the Leighton Group in Asia, Australia’s largest engineering and contracting group, while based in Hong Kong SAR;
- Regional Director Greater China at Thames Water International, the world’s third largest private water company, also while based in Hong Kong SAR; and
- General Manager of Vermeer – Ballast Nedam, while based in Vietnam.
“I am delighted that Allard has joined us as CEO and the Board of Directors is very pleased to welcome him to InfraCo Asia. His knowledge, experience and successful track record of developing, financing and managing infrastructure projects throughout Asia make him uniquely qualified to lead the InfraCo Asia team”, said Kenneth Baxter, InfraCo Asia’s Chairman.